Our NSW Parliament is 50% of the way to legalising the killing of unborn babies up until birth.
You heard right! On Thursday the lower house of NSW Parliament passed a Bill by a vote of 59 to 31 that allows abortion:
- Up until 22 weeks for any reason; and
- Up until birth with the consent of two willing doctors. The doctors have to consider physical, social, and psychological circumstances. What does ‘social’ circumstances include? Virtually any reason.
The Bill is not law yet. It still needs to go through the upper house. You can help stop the Bill from becoming law in 3 ways. Please do all three:
- Make a submission to the upper house voicing your opposition. Submissions must be made by this Tuesday 13 August 2019, 5.00 pm.
- Sign the Petition by Right to Life NSW. Print the petition, sign it, collect as many signatures as possible and return it to: P.O. Box 325 EARLWOOD NSW 2206 by Tuesday August 20, 2019.
- Complete a 2 minute anonymous online survey by this Tuesday 13 August 2019, 1.00 pm. The results will be presented to the NSW upper house.
We have a duty of faith to fight for the life of the unborn child!
Archbishop Makarios, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Church in Australia, has strongly condemned the Bill, ‘tragically, the right to life of the indefensible unborn child is increasingly violated…’
Under this Bill if a baby is born alive during a failed abortion it can be left to die.
In Victoria between 2009 and 2016, there were 304 babies who were born alive in the abortion process who were then left to die on the operating table.
Also doctors who object to an abortion would be forced to refer the patient to a doctor who will.
We have just days to act to defeat this horrific Bill. Please take action NOW!