“Unity which strengthens Orthodox faith in the youth of our Church”
The Central Youth Committee (CYC) of New South Wales, established in 1989, is a committee under the auspice of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. It has as its head the Primate of the Archdiocese, His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos.
The CYC is made up of youth representatives from all NSW parishes, universities and other fellowships, and comes under the guidance of His Grace Bishop Seraphim of Apolloniados.
The aim of the CYC is to help fellowships around NSW with any issues that arise from finding speakers for their weekly groups, to establishing a fellowship where is needed, to organizing state wide events, enabling the youth of NSW to meet other youth from various parishes and fellowships.
Throughout the year the CYC organizes a number of events which enables state wide association between fellowships. These include:
1. Distribution (via weekly e-mails, newspaper advertising & parish distribution) of a state youth program which outlines all active fellowship meetings, special talks, upcoming events, major feast days, church services, other religious events and relevant fellowship/church contacts
2. Annual State Youth Retreats which allow all age groups to learn more about certain aspects of their faith as well as take a break from their daily routine
3. NSW State (and at times National) Youth Conferences
4. Archdiocese Christmas Carols
5. Assist with the organisation of the Theophania celebrations
6. Liaise and help all fellowships of NSW with major events they are organizing
7. Organise special talks at the Archdiocese on issues affecting today’s youth with speakers from NSW and interstate
8. Introduce and inform youth of the monastic life of our Church by organizing as often as possible trips to monasteries
9. Social Events throughout the year
The CYC is not a governing body of all youth fellowships. Instead it is a body made up of all fellowships, and provides an environment where these fellowships can work together in the true spirit of Orthodoxy to strengthen the youth of NSW.
Anyone is welcome to join the CYC, although it is encouraged that 1-2 representatives from each youth group attend so that certain structures may be maintained. If you would like to get involved please contact your parish priest or youth representative for further information.
If you would like to receive updates directly and join the CYC distribution list, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit CYC Youth Victoria
The Central Youth Committee of Victoria is under the jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. We represent the Youth here in Victoria. From this webpage you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news and events which are organised by the Central Youth Committee, and each of the Parish fellowship groups around Melbourne.